Carrabay Rebar does not end on supplying reinforced bars. You can find additional rebar products from us, such as couplers, galvanising, stainless steel products, and Connolly joints.
In construction, when the length of the rebars is not enough for the entire length of the elements, couplers are used to join two bar lengths together. Steel couplers (or sometimes called ‘mechanical couplers’) consists of a sleeve that is threaded into which the bars to be joined can be screwed. There are many types of couplers available in the market. The most common couplers include:
- Parallel threads coupler
- Shear bolts coupler
- Wedge locking sleeves
- Metal sleeve swaged into bars
One of the most common hot dipping service known is galvanising. Galvanising refers to the coating of zinc over iron or steel to avoid getting corrosion that is generally caused by being exposed to different atmospheric conditions. The advantages of galvanising covers:
- Minimal maintenance cost
- Sustainable lifespan
- 100% non-corrosive
- Environmentally friendly
Stainless Steel Products
Other than our flagship steel rebars, we also offer stainless steel products like Austenitic, Ferritic, Duplex, Martensitic, and Precipitation Hardening.
- Austenitic. Austenitic stainless steels are the most common among all the stainless steels. It has high corrosion resistance, making it a good material for kitchen cutlery and storage components.
- Ferritic. Ferritic stainless steels are magnetic stainless steel products commonly used to stress erosion cracking. It is mostly used as material for car parts, kitchenware, and industrial entities.
- Duplex. Duplex stainless steels are a mix of the first two stainless steel mentioned. However, duplex steel is stronger than austenitic and ferritic.
- Martensitic. This type of steel is similar to ferritic, but it composes of more carbon than ferritic. Ferritic only has 0.10% carbon, while martensitic has around 1% of it.
- Precipitation hardening. Precipitation hardening stainless steel are classed as martensitic or semi-austenitic. Their strength and hardness are enhanced through a variety of heat treatments. These are mostly used in aircraft components, flat springs, and retaining rings.
Connolly joints and products
Connolly products are widely used to join concrete slabs together. Their joints include Biscuit Plate Dowels, Key Joint, Expansion, Joint, and Universal Dowels. Other accessories such as safety caps, joint cappings, dowels, and inducers are available at Carrabay Rebar as additional attachments to your package.
Want to know more about these products and your options? Contact us today!